Monday, June 15, 2009

New Sidewalk

Once again, we had some work done to our house and I was very, very excited about it! Of course, we have pictures of the entire process. I took some the night before we had the work done. Russ was at home during the process so I made him take picture of the during and after to send to me at work. I just couldn't wait to see it when I got home!

When we moved into the house the front stairs were severely slopped. In Georgia, the code for stairs are not allowed to be more than 7 inches high between each stair, our step was 12 inches. If you had short legs or bad knees it was very hard to get into the house. Our sidewalk was also cracking and the drainage was not correct so we had that replaced while they did the stairs. Since the concrete people were already going to be out here we also had them quote us on pouring a new driveway to the side of our house. At the time we moved in it was all over grown ivy and weeds and the stairs to the side of the house were not attached. The price was right and thanks to our New Home Buyer Tax Credit we ended up pouring a side driveways and stairs to our house. The concrete people are replaced where I parked since it was cracked. I now can park even and do not have the door coming and slamming me in the face. If you have been to our house you all know how steep our driveway is, so this is a major bonus!

Our next project is to pressure wash the house then paint it. After all the painting is complete we will start to landscape. I love being a homeowner, I just wish I was not gone every weekend so I could work on the house.

No comments: