Monday, July 13, 2009

Sleepover at the Dunlaps


Three of my little cousins, Blakely, Amberlyn, and Sydney came to Atlanta for a week to what they called "Camp Aunt Jacki." I was on one of my many business trips so I only got to see them on Friday. Mom took them to the GA Aquarium, American Girl Store and Bistro, Painted Pottery, and went swimming every day. I drove out to Lawrenceville and had dinner with Mom and the girls after work on Friday. We then went to Mom's house to create a scrapbook of their week in Atlanta. I thought it would be fun for them to come to my house and spend the night. So after we completed the scrapbooks, we all went to my house for a sleepover.

When I got off work, I did a little shopping for the girls. I wanted to surprise them with something and what would a sleepover be without matching pajamas? So of course, I get them cute pajamas. They loved them and as soon as I showed them they had to try them on. We proceeded with a photo shoot of them (that was the theme of the week, I was informed) then hung out at the house. Russ was busy writing his paper for Law Review so he was no fun but the girls still managed to go bug him (which he secretly loved).


I finally got them to bed at 3:00 AM, I have no idea how they were able to stay up so late. The next morning they wanted to make Russ breakfast so while I was outside planting plants with Dad they made Russ eggs. Russ entertained them that morning so I could get everything planted. Sydney did help me take out the plants out of their containers for a bit.

Russ took them to the park and of course they got bored in about thirty minutes so Russ took them to lunch. I think Russ enjoyed having them so that he had an excuse to go to McDonald's for lunch!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

hahah so cute!!

Melinda said...

You are so cute. Love the matching PJs!