Thursday, May 6, 2010

Deal of the Week

I love shopping! For some reason, I hardly come home with anything for myself but I don't mind at all.  I love going shopping then coming home and telling Russ and Mom about my great buys.  Mom listens and Russ just says that's great.  I would really like to be a personal shopper for people.  At Christmas time I do all the shopping for my Grandma for my family, all the shopping for the gifts from Russ and I, and I assist my Mom with almost ALL her shopping for others.  I love it!  My new thing is to make packages.  Instead of giving just one big gift, I like to do themes or a package of items then put it in a cute box, basket, or arrange it all cute.  Lately, I have been doing this for Mom's clients.  Her last one was a couple from UT so we did an orange and white basket...it turned out so cute! (I will have to get pictures from Mom)

Now that I am 90% healed and the weather is nice, I have been working in the yard a lot.  We pulled up all the ivy in the front and side of the house, removed six trees, and planted some flowers.  Dad built us a deck and our next project will be a stone patio off the deck in the yard.  We looked at tons of different stones over the past year and we found the one we list.  It was on sale at Lowe's last week for a $1 off so I went to order the stones then I found a coupon for 20% that stone.   I ended up saving $500 for the stones for my back yard!!  I have to say that's one heck of a deal!!!

No comments: