I came home from work and was cooking dinner, Russ comes to me and ask if I have seen anything. I was thinking in my head, well I have seen a lot of things today I just did not sit in the dark in a cave all day. Finally responding to him, "What do you mean, have I seen anything?" He lifts up his left hand and his ring is not on his finger! Yep, that's right everyone just a year ago he got the ring and he has already lost it. He never takes it off other than to shower and our drain is too small for it to fit down there. I start to question: What? How? When? etc... but he could not answer any of those. His story is he was at law school washing his hands and he noticed it was gone. The last time I saw it was on Saturday night, I cleaned both of our rings, so sometime Saturday night to Monday afternoon it randomly decided to fall off his hand and get lost. We searched the house up and
down, dug through all the trash cans and air vents and still no luck.I was in shock all Monday evening and Russ asked me what I was thinking and being the smart ass I am to him responded "Well you only lost the key to my heart!" I know it was not the right thing to say and that he did not purposely lose the ring but it makes me sick to think about. We are going to wait a while to buy a new one hoping that it will turn up randomly. Lesson learned though, the next ring will not be as nice in case this happens again (it runs in the Dunlap genes to misplace something and not remember where it is until years later when it randomly turns up).
So if anyone finds a random white gold wedding band, lets hope it is Russ's so I can have the key back to my heart! Russ also better be glad I took the cheesy ring pictures on our honeymoon or we would have no idea what his ring looked like...
1 comment:
I still cannot believe he lost his ring. I told Jonathan about the missing key to your heart and warned him that he better not lose his key to mine!!!
Post a Comment