Tuesday, February 3, 2009

That's What Friends Are For!

This past weekend I had a much needed weekend visiting friends and family. After work on Friday, Russ and I drove to Hermitage, TN to visit our newly wed friends, Melinda and Jonathan and of course Alfie. Melinda and I were close in college but it seems the distance has made us even closer, might have to do with us also going through life changing events at the same time as well. Anyways...we went out to dinner together and to a local bar. It may seem strange but just going out not only our friends but people our age was so nice. It made my bad mood over the past weeks go away so fast. We also met up with Paul, who Russ and I had not seen since May. It was a much needed night out with our friends!

Melinda and I at Flying Saucer

Saturday was another wonderful day. Russ went and had lunch with one of his lifetime buddies and I went Bridesmaids dress shopping with Sheryl and Melinda. I think I was more excited just seeing them rather than wedding planning (and we all know how much I love weddings!). We sat at Chili's for 2 hours just talking. I love when we get together we pick up where it left off. I am lost without my "girls." After hanging out with the friends, Russ and I finally spent time with the in-laws. Met up with everyone for dinner then went and saw Darren, Mary, and Alex all in the play, Bye Bye Birdie, Jill was directing and Steve was filming, it was a Dunlap production.

Sunday we went to church with Bobby, Russ's grandfather. Russ and I think it is ironic that we went to church at Hendersonville First United (Russ's membership is at this church right now) this past Sunday since we both will be joining a new church, Chamblee First United, this Sunday. To end our wonderful weekend in Tennessee, we had lunch with Darren and Alex and headed home. It was one of the best weekends I have had in a while, got out of the house and got to visit friends and family all in one trip. I am looking forward to visiting Rachel in Wilmington the first weekend in March!

Our house is always open for visitors, that's what friends are for! We now have two guestrooms and a sleeper sofa!

No comments: