Monday, March 2, 2009

The Perfect Piece

Over the past six months, I went out every weekend I was home to look for an old piece of furniture I could turn into a bar to go in our new house. Mom and I went to countless antique stores and flea markets even went to an antique show. We never could find the right piece.

My Aunt Jill told me I could have her Bakers Rack because she was remodeling her house and did not have any room. At first, I thought I could find a better piece so I didn't say yes or no. After months of searching and wanting to spend that money on a new kitchen table I decided to accept the bakers rack. Aunt Jill brought it down over MLK weekend and it was perfect! The wall it went against was so long and now it looks like it was meant to be there all along. I finally have a place for all our nice bar ware we got for wedding presents. Now I just need a couple of baskets for the bottom and we are done.

The Bakers Rack Converted into a Bar

Since we saved money by not having to purchase our bar, we decided it was time to get a new kitchen table. The table we did have was my Dad's when he was a senior college (at UT, Knoxville) and my parents had it until 2003. In 2006, I had it in the apartment in Knoxville with Sheryl and Becca. It then followed me to Atlanta where it was in the apartment with Russ and I then in our new house. Russ broke three of the chairs so we needed to fix the chairs for the 100th time, buy new ones, or buy a new set. We saw an add at World Market for a nice looking table and it was 50% off so we went and checked it out, it was the one! We picked it up and took out the new table and it changed the room totally, in a good way!

It is an espresso colored table with four chairs and a bench. It is much better than our old table we had so we returned that to my parents and Kara is taking it to Bama with her next year. The table is becoming a family heirloom :)

New Table with Polk-a-Dot Placemats

No comments: