Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's Prom Season

April is Prom season in Georgia. All the girls are busy trying to find that perfect dress and hairstyle, and making sure they are dressed to the nines for their high school proms. The guys have to remember to pick up their tuxes and wash their cars to pick up their dates. Looking back at it now, between finding the perfect dress and hairstyle, ordering the boutonnieres, making sure you match your date, having transportation to the events, and making reservations is a small look into preparations for a wedding. We had a "Prom" of our own to go to.

Last weekend, was the Barrister's Ball, also known as the Law School Prom. When I hear the word Prom, I begin thinking of all the fancy dresses and spending the day getting all dolled up. Luckily, the Barrister's Ball was not that time consuming. I actually spent the day hiding Easter eggs for our church Easter egg hunt and shopping with Kara in the afternoon. An hour before we were suppose to leave I then decided to get ready. Kara helped me with my hair and I got dressed. I did not even buy a new dress but I did buy new shoes though! Russ showered and through on a suit. Easy enough!


There are a couple of things that made the Barrister's Ball better than Prom. The event was at Park Tavern, which was a really neat venue. It overlooks Piedmont Park and has amazing view of the city skyline. The other great thing about it was it was an open bar, you won't get that at a high school prom!

I spent the night learning more law terms than I think I will ever use in my lifetime but it was nice to get to hang out with Russ's law school buddies besides having them over to watch football. They are all a great group of people and I did have some stuff in come with them. I think all the law students needed an excuse for a night away from the books too.

No comments: