Saturday, October 31, 2009

Shop 'Til You Drop

...literally!

I love shopping though when I was little I could not stand it. Mom used to be in retail and was a buyer for the men's department at Rich's (now known at Macy's) then Upton's so we had to visit the stores to see how the men's department was laid out, the product availability, and the customer dynamics. I dreaded it when we had to go to the mall, but little did I know that would change. Now I love to go shopping, mainly to buy things for my friends, family, and home. I get so excited for the day after Thanksgiving, when Mom, Aunt Jill, and I hit the malls for our Christmas shopping!

Well, I got to do a lot of shopping before Black Friday this year. Melinda came to Atlanta for the weekend to visit and one of the best things about Atlanta is all the shopping so why not spend an entire day shopping!!

Our entire day Saturday and the morning of Sunday consisted of us SHOPPING! Needless to say I need a couple of days to recover after that. I had surgery on October 15th to remove a cyst from my lower back/tailbone area so I was not 100% yet (still not).

It was such a fun weekend Girls's Weekend. We got things for our homes and clothes for ourselves and we did not even hit up any of the malls. Do not worry, we are already talking about her next visit so I can take her to Lenox Mall, Phips Plaza, Perimeter Mall, and the Forum (all within 10 miles from my house).
Melinda's Trunk After Saturday's Shopping (doesn't include some items)

Schedule of Events:

8:00 Wake-Up
10:00 Depart House
11:00 Dwasonville Outlets (Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, White House Black Market, Izod, The Loft, Kirklands, and Waterford)
3:00 Lunch
4:00 Stein Mart/Michael's
5:00 HomeGoods
6:00 Freshen Up
7:00 Visit Nikki
9:00 Dinner at Noche
11:00 Home

8:00 Wake-up
9:30 Depart House
10:00 IKEA
12:00 Check-out
12:30 Lunch
1:30 Depart AtlantaDid I mention we ended up getting the same jacket at Stein Mart?

No comments: